Since a young age, Coach Marcelo has been involved in aquatics. He started his professional career more than 30 years ago. He has been a lifeguard, swimmer, water polo player, triathlete and lately, an open water swimmer. He had succeed at all levels of coaching; high school, masters, local elite, and fitness swimmers looking to improve their technique. In 2006 as a Head Coach, Marcelo registered 329 swimmers to Pacific Masters Swimming, signing 43 swimmers for World Championship at Stanford, CA where his swimmers obtained four “top-10″ swimmers in the World, ten “top-10″ in the U.S., and more than twenty Pacific “top 10″ swimmers. Coach Marcelo Castro qualified most of his club swimmers to Junior Olympics, Far Western, High School League finals and Conference finals (CCS).
Coach Marcelo has a vast experience identifying swimmer’s needs and providing efficient guidance.
- ASCA, (American Swim Coaches Association) Level 4 (out of 5) Master Certified
- USMS ( United States Masters Swimming) Level 4 (gandfathered) Certified
- USAT (USA Triathlon) Certified Coach Level 1
- AFO- Aquatic Facility Operator (National Recreation and Park Association) Certified
- American Red Cross Lifeguarding Certified
- American Red Cross CPR Certified
- American Red Cross AED Certified
- American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Coaches & Instructors Certified
- American Red Cross Shallow Water Lifeguarding Certified
- American Red Cross Learn to Swim (formerly WSI)
- Aquatic Concept Instructor Trainer
- Coached USA swimming teams for 12 years, 3 years as Head Coach
- Coached High School for 8 years, 5 as head Coach.
- Aquatics Director for 4 years
- Coached Master (adults) for 8 years, 3 as a Head Coach
- Coached Water Polo for 4 years